Another Pancake Day has come and gone, and it’s time for our round-up of key stories & semiotic insights we’ve been reading in the signs over the last month…
- The New York Times explores what it means to be “American” with its Hyphen-Nation project.
- The BBC magazine investigates the magical power of swear words.
- A rose by any other name? NPR highlights some research suggesting there may be more in a name than we usually think.
- A recent freedom of information request reveals the CIA’s interest in French critical theory.
- …and the Football Crest Index chronicles the evolution of some of our most prominent sporting symbols.