What we’ve been reading in the signs over the last month*…
- Wired advocates for banning small talk. Where would we be without the weather, that classic staple of British phatic communication?
- H&M’s new Autumn campaign channels emergent codes of femininity:
- Dutch manufacturer Vanmoof discovers that semiotic protection outdoes physical protection, when packaging their bikes:
- Glenmorangie explores inter-semiotic translation as whiskey tasting notes are transformed into stunning visual sculptures:
- And Creative Review calls out clichéd gender stereotypes in drinks advertising:
*And finally, rumours that NASA had decided to change everyone’s star sign have been greatly exaggerated.